Sivrihisar Castle

Sivrihisar Yazıcıoğlu castle was firstly built by Frigs. It was developed during Roman period, and it protected its importance in Seljuks. It was also repaired by Ottomans many times. The Castle was then abandoned because of difficulty in water procurement. A feudal lord named Yazıcı ibrahim Ağa lived in the castle and he left in 1852.

The Castle’s height is 330 meters. Twenty four artilleries were founded at castle in 1486. The castle had 6 doors, underground storages, a cistern and a small mosque which was built between 1486-1521.

Now there is a small wall of The Castle.

Turkish

Sivrihisar Yazıcıoğlu Kalesi ilk önce Frig döneminde yapılmıştır. Roma döneminde geliştirilmiş. Selçuklular zamanında da önemini korumuştur. Osmanlılar tarafından birçok kez tamir ettirilmiştir. Kale daha sonra su temini güçlüğü nedeniyle terk edilmiştir. Kalede Yazıcı İbrahim Ağa isimli bir Derebeyi yaşamış, 1852 yılında kaleden çıkarılmıştır.

Kalenin yüksekliği 330 metredir. 1486 yılında Kale’de yirmi dört tane topçu sınıfı kuruldu. Kalenin altı kapısı, yeraltı depoları, sarnıç ve 1486 -1521 tarihleri arasında inşa edilmiş küçük bir camisi vardı. Şu anda kalenin küçük bir duvarı vardır.

***

Derleyen/Editor: Murat Sevimbay
Kaynak/Source:
Sivrihisar Appearance Of The World Centre
Bora KAVAS – 20.09.2009

Categories: ENGLISH

Yorum Yaz

Mail adresi yazarsaniz yayinlanmayacaktir.
Gerekli alan*